Permanent  / 1 Year experience
$S$4000 - S$5000
Posted 18 Feb, 2021
What you will be doing:
- Implement and maintain fault-tolerant and efficient ETL pipelines to ingest data from various data sources
- Optimize and improve on existing data pipelines
- Maintain and optimize relational databases
- Create, document and monitor highly maintainable code
- Work with stakeholders to design data products
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or other related technical disciplines.
- Minimum of 1 year hands-on experience in batch/real time data integration & processing.
- Strong proficiency in handling databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Google BigQuery
- Solid background in programming languages like Python/Ruby/SQL. Python is a must!
- Real passion for data, new data technologies, and discovering new solutions to the company’s data needs
- Familiarity with dimensional data modelling, and data warehouse concepts and methodologies as well as distributed processing systems
Good to have:
- Experience with Google Cloud solutions (Google CloudSQL, Google Cloud BQ, App Engine)
- Build & maintain scalable ETL pipelines using Apache Airflow)
- Build & maintain RESTful API using Ruby on Rails/Python Flask/Python Django
If you have what it takes and would like to join our team, please send in your resume to email@example.com
VI is a Singapore-based FinEduTech company through VI App and VI College. Established in 2008, VI (read as “vee”) is the representation of our beliefs and roots in Value Investing and empowers the average man-on-the-street to achieve sustainable wealth as part of their mission to make investments smarter, faster and easier. At VI, we offer results-oriented and process-driven analysis powered by technology, as well as promote investor education and knowledge exchange on a single platform.
VI App, a proprietary stock analysis tool developed through 8BIT Global Pte Ltd (“8BIT”), crunches traditional financial data and simplifies the complex stock analysis and decision-making process for equity investors into easy-to-use visuals under a comprehensive framework.
We are currently expanding and inviting more team members to join our dynamic team! We are looking for ordinary people with the right values who want to achieve extraordinary results and pursue one dream.
We believe and live by the following value statements:
- We do what we think and say
- We enjoy what we do
- We work toward mastery without invalidation of self and others
- We take care of one another like family
- We are value-conscious (for the price paid)
- We uphold the trust of our stakeholders
- We keep our hearts and minds open
- We make it simple
If all of these resonate with you, interested to work in a startup environment, comfortable with rapid iteration of products, have a deep interest in financial data and investments, understand financial ratios and statements, You are the person we are looking for!