Permanent  / 1 Year experience
$S$4500 - S$5500
Posted 18 Feb, 2021
We are seeking individuals for full-time work in our quantitative finance research team. Applicants must be keen in about machine learning models and stocks investing. Applicants will be working with a team comprising of data engineers, quantitative research analyst and portfolio manager. Basic financial knowledge is not a must but would be a bonus.
Quantitative Developers collect data from the global financial markets and works with the quantitative research analyst and portfolio manager to break them down and create patterns by leveraging on various statistical analysis skills and data mining skills to make forecasts and develop profitable predictive trading models.
Quantitative Developers also works on optimising, maintain and deploy the models required for various, alpha research, portfolio optimization and backtesting.
What You Will Be Doing / Assisting With:
- Data scraping, pre-processing, and storing various types of structured and unstructured data via SQL.
- Working with the portfolio manager to build new financial models, back-test current model performances and optimise trading signals.
- Optimise the source code for the various modules (e.g. back-testing modules, and portfolio monitoring modules).
What you need to have:
- Fascination in quantitative research, machine learning models and curious about the financial markets – basic financial statement knowledge is not a must but would be a bonus for consideration.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be a self-starter and possess intellectual curiosity!
- Comfortable working with Python (Jupyter) and SQL. Comfortable in applying advanced mathematics / statistics concepts and working with large data sets.
- Completed or pursuing a BS (Hons) or MS in in Mathematics / Physics / Statistics / Economics or Engineering. Machine learning and/or statistical course work is a bonus.
- Exceptional candidates without an advanced degree but with prior machine learning experience will be considered based on prior coding experience. (e.g. Participation in Kaggle, CrowdAnalytix, CrowdAI, DrivenData etc..)
If you have what it takes and would like to join our team, please send in your resume to email@example.com
VI is a Singapore-based FinEduTech company through VI App and VI College. Established in 2008, VI (read as “vee”) is the representation of our beliefs and roots in Value Investing and empowers the average man-on-the-street to achieve sustainable wealth as part of their mission to make investments smarter, faster and easier. At VI, we offer results-oriented and process-driven analysis powered by technology, as well as promote investor education and knowledge exchange on a single platform.
VI App, a proprietary stock analysis tool developed through 8BIT Global Pte Ltd (“8BIT”), crunches traditional financial data and simplifies the complex stock analysis and decision-making process for equity investors into easy-to-use visuals under a comprehensive framework.
We are currently expanding and inviting more team members to join our dynamic team! We are looking for ordinary people with the right values who want to achieve extraordinary results and pursue one dream.
We believe and live by the following value statements:
- We do what we think and say
- We enjoy what we do
- We work toward mastery without invalidation of self and others
- We take care of one another like family
- We are value-conscious (for the price paid)
- We uphold the trust of our stakeholders
- We keep our hearts and minds open
- We make it simple
If all of these resonate with you, interested to work in a startup environment, comfortable with rapid iteration of products, have a deep interest in financial data and investments, understand financial ratios and statements, You are the person we are looking for!