Permanent  / 0 Year experience
Posted 13 Oct, 2021
- To establish cost-efficient Manufacturing Systems that allow production operators to function independently as a Self-Managed Team (SMT) with good safety practices to manufacture good quality products with high productivity.
- Perform Risk Assessments and establish safety procedures in assigned work areas that abide to all Environmental Health and Safety related rules in compliance to the Environmental Health and Safety policy and communicate effectively to Production Leaders and Operators. Perform constant job observation to identify areas for improvement and correct personnel that deviates from safety procedures.
- Establish all work instructions (WI) and standard operating Procedures (SOP) in assigned work areas and update them regularly with the best-known methods. Communicate and train the operators on any new procedures and monitor the compliance of the new procedures and the results of the changes to identify potential optimization and improvement opportunities.
- Drive and initiate projects in cost reduction, yield improvement and productivity improvement. Identify the potential problems and suggest solutions with follow-ups and data monitoring to ensure projects are successfully completed.
- Understand the line bottlenecks and Cycle time to initiate projects to maintain optimum utilization of equipment and resources and constantly review methods of WIP management and production flow. Involved in daily line sustaining troubleshooting on process and quality related issues in assigned work areas.
- Be trained and certified in the required competencies related to your assigned work areas. With the required competency, conduct trainings and assessments for all operators to ensure the competency of our production operators to produce good quality products efficiently with good safety.
- Actively participate in new product / process development, new machine qualification, process optimization, new material evaluation and new line industrialization to achieve good safety, quality, cost and throughput in the shortest time possible.
- Drive the team of production leaders and operators to participate in projects relating to Safety, Yield improvement, Cost improvement, 5S, Shop Floor Management, Total Preventive Maintenance, and others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Manufacturing / Chemical / Material Science)
- Fresh graduate welcome to apply
- Knowledge in Manufacturing Methodology such as 5S, Cycle time/takt time study, Line balancing, FIFO and Kanban methodology, TPM and Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing concepts will be preferred.
- Computer Literacy is a must for Microsoft office Excel, Word, Powerpoint, email, internet.
- Software skills in SAP, Python or AutoCad/Solidworks is advantageous
Founded in Norway in 1996, REC is a leading vertically integrated solar energy company.
Through integrated manufacturing from silicon to wafers, cells, high-quality panels and extending to solar solutions, REC provides the world with a reliable source of clean energy. REC’s renowned product quality is supported by the lowest warranty claims rate in the industry.
REC is a Bluestar Elkem company with headquarters in Norway and operational headquarters in Singapore. REC employs more than 2,000 employees worldwide, producing 1.4 GW solar panels annually. out the company behind the largest European brand of solar panels, including a bit about our past, present, and future.