Permanent  / 4 Years experience
$S$6000 - S$9000
Posted 18 Feb, 2021
We are looking for an expert in machine learning to spearhead the AI/ML products development with various stakeholders. You will lead all the processes from data collection, cleaning, and pre-processing, to training models and deploying them to production.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. The ideal candidate will be passionate about artificial intelligence and stay up to date with the latest developments in the field.
What you will be doing:
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Managing available resources such as hardware, data, and personnel so that deadlines are met
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
- Supervising the data acquisition process
- Defining validation strategies, the feature engineering to be done on a given dataset and data augmentation pipelines
- Training models, tuning their hyperparameters and analysing the errors of the model, and designing strategies to overcome them
- Deploying models to production
- Coordinates with Data Engineers to build data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts, Data Integrators, Knowledge Managers, and Intel Analysts.
What you need to have:
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Experience in data extraction and transformation using SQL/or Spark.
- Industry experience in developing and scaling production-grade machine learning/deep learning and/or optimization models for recommendations, ranking, and search.
- Familiarity with open-source data science frameworks such as Scikit Learn, Spark, Pytorch, Tensorflow, Keras.
- Familiarity with time series modelling and financial back-testing.
If you have what it takes and would like to join our team, please send in your resume to email@example.com
VI is a Singapore-based FinEduTech company through VI App and VI College. Established in 2008, VI (read as “vee”) is the representation of our beliefs and roots in Value Investing and empowers the average man-on-the-street to achieve sustainable wealth as part of their mission to make investments smarter, faster and easier. At VI, we offer results-oriented and process-driven analysis powered by technology, as well as promote investor education and knowledge exchange on a single platform.
VI App, a proprietary stock analysis tool developed through 8BIT Global Pte Ltd (“8BIT”), crunches traditional financial data and simplifies the complex stock analysis and decision-making process for equity investors into easy-to-use visuals under a comprehensive framework.
We are currently expanding and inviting more team members to join our dynamic team! We are looking for ordinary people with the right values who want to achieve extraordinary results and pursue one dream.
We believe and live by the following value statements:
- We do what we think and say
- We enjoy what we do
- We work toward mastery without invalidation of self and others
- We take care of one another like family
- We are value-conscious (for the price paid)
- We uphold the trust of our stakeholders
- We keep our hearts and minds open
- We make it simple
If all of these resonate with you, interested to work in a startup environment, comfortable with rapid iteration of products, have a deep interest in financial data and investments, understand financial ratios and statements, You are the person we are looking for!